Hello and welcome crafters, cardmakers, and stampers! I have been stamping up a storm with products from the upcoming Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue and today I have a card to share with you using the Happiness Abounds Bundle. This bundle is filled with gorgeous florals, but it also has some beautiful sentiments, and a couple super fun edge dies!
I made this card and shared how to colour the flowers and leaves on my weekly Live Crafting Show. You can join me on Wednesday nights at 7pm MT on my NicePeopleStamp YouTube Channel to craft with me live. But don’t worry if you missed this week, I have the recording here for you.
Now before we even get into the card, did you love the happy mail I received this week from my team member Danielle?! I absolutely ADORE this fabulous gift she sent and am so thankful she thought to make this special just for me.
As I shared in the video, I love colouring with the Stampin’ Blends Markers. I’ve used them steadily since they were released and I’ve learned a few tricks along the way that I’m happy to share with you.
- Use a water based ink to stamp your outline images, I’ve used Tuxedo Black Memento
- Let your stamped images dry well before you colour them
- Use high quality cardstock that can handle being heavily saturated with ink, for this card I used Basic White, but I also use the Thick Basic White
- Don’t add too much colour to your images too quickly. You need time for the paper to absorb the ink and the liquid to evaporate off. If you add too much colour too quickly you will probably experience colour bleeding outside the lines of your image.
- Use back and forth or circular movements to blend colours together.
- Practice. Colouring is fun!
I have a brand new online class using this bundle too!
Get all the details HERE and make sure you contact me asap to get a spot!