While creating the art piece for the card in this post from yesterday, I used the Mother of Pearl Technique on the clock face.
- Stamp the background images in the colours of your choice. I used Saharah Sand and Basic Black.
- Stamp the outline of the pocket watch image in VersaMark ink and heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Use the Frost White Shimmer Paint and a Stampin’ Sponge to apply the shimmer paint to a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Apply the shimmer paint randomly and be sure to leave some of the cardstock exposed.
- Once the shimmer paint has dried, use a clean stampin’ sponge to apply saharah sand ink to the cardstock. The ink will darken the colour of the very vanilla cardstock, but won’t stick to the shimmer paint, creating a beautiful mother of pearl effect.
- Stamp the clock faces on your faux mother of pearl cardstock.
- Punch out the clock faces with your 1 1/4″ Circle Punch.
- Use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the clock hands onto the clock faces.
- Adhere your beautiful mother of pearl clock face inside the gold embossed pocket watch.
I hope you’ll try the Faux Mother of Pearl technique next time you’re creating! Need some supplies? All the good stuff is in my Online Stampin’ Up! Store.