Hello friends and welcome to the official Stampin’ Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop. We are so excited you’re joining us today, as we have a brand new product to show you – the Stitched Shapes Framelits!
These adorable shapes have stitched edges, and coordinate perfectly with the Layering Circles, Squares, and Ovals that were made available earlier this year. You will just love how they all go together.
The first card I have to share with you today was inspired by my love of all things vintage for Christmas.
Do you remember those fake white Christmas tress? Well I do, and I have news for you – they’re making a comeback! I recently purchased a wreath form, full of fake white branches (my bestie was horrified, but what does she know?!) and I’m thrilled to get started making a new wreath for my door. Just trust me friends. This card is totally on trend. I promise.
There are so many fabulous elements here, and I don’t want you to miss a thing, so make sure you read though my tips.
- Get on trend with a white winter wonderland! Create the perfect white tree sprigs using the Pretty Pines Thinlits and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.
- Pile on the sparkle! In addition to the glimmer paper for the sprigs, I’ve used Silver Foil Paper, Silver Embossing Powder, and I even brushed my ornaments with Clear Wink of Stella for a soft and subtle sheen. The more glitter the better when it comes to vintage Christmas.
- It’s all in the details! The Stitched Shapes Framelits are the perfect dies to really make these ornaments sophisticated. The dainty edge of stitching makes all the difference.
- Don’t skip the watercolouring! Remember mercury glass? It came in all kinds of colours, and you guessed it – it’s coming back too! By watercolouring the ornaments and then adding a wash of Wink of Stella on top you’ll get a lovely mercury glass look.
This next card is SO different from the first, but I really think you’re going to like it.
I think everyone wishes they could cuddle up in a homemade quilt and watch Christmas movies with their sweetie during the holidays. I’ve bought the supplies for several fabulous quilts. I love shopping for fabric. I’m SO good at the shopping, not so good and the quilt making. One day friends, one day. The new Stitched Shapes Framelits are absolutely perfect to make a PAPER quilt to send some warm holiday wishes to friends – and let’s face it, this is way more my speed.
The Wrapped in Warmth stamp set has images that pair beautifully with these framelits to make adorable paper quilts.
- Try tone on tone. Stamp your images in the same colour ink as your paper for a soft but WOW look.
- Be mindful of your stamp choice. Some images are better suited to be ‘quilted’ than others. Look for images that have stitched edges, a knit texture, or both! The Wrapped in Warmth stamp set couldn’t be better for this.
And on both of my cards today I’ve used the Christmas Pines stamp set, which is part of the sale for November.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Please go visit my fabulous friend Amy O’Neill to see what she’s created for our Stitched Shapes Framelits blog hop.
Shop in Canada with me!
When you purchase of $50 or more using the monthly hostess code you’ll receive a FREE project tutorial PDF.
Are you collecting Nice People Stamp Tokens and
earning FREE stamps?! Get all the details HERE.
Vintage Christmas Card Supplies:
Quilt Card Supplies: