Hello my friends and welcome to the Stampin’ Up! Artisan Design Team blog hop. This week we are sharing creative projects using the Jar of Haunts stamp set. There are so many spooky and cute images in this set that I wanted to try and use as many as I could. I thought a couple of Halloween balloon cards would fit that bill.
- Get messy! The images on these balloons are coloured in a completely messy and unplanned way. Just go to town with your Aqua Painter on some Shimmery White Cardstock and see what comes of it.
- Choose the right tool for the job. The eyeball and candy corn balloons required some more precise colouring, so I brought out my Blender Pen. It’s easier to control, and the ink distribution is more even compared to the Aqua Painter.
- Get creative with colour. Scroll back up to the top of this post and concentrate on the black and white photograph. What colour combinations can you imagine?
- Two times the fun! When you find a card design you like, make two! But instead of making two exactly the same, push yourself to create another that is the same design but with different stamps, inks, and papers. You might surprise yourself with your own creativity.
And my last tip for today is the most important:
- Get your cards into a mailbox and on their way to someone you care about. As card makers we sometimes labour over our creations and they become hard to part with. But I assure you, whoever you choose to send your cards to will appreciate them. These two card are about to be addressed to my precious nephews, and I know they’ll love getting their own special mail just for them!
Now please go and see what the talented Amy O’Neill has created with this fabulous stamp set!